Social Media Manager
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Nelnet is a diversified and innovative company committed to
enriching lives through the power of service as a student loan
servicer, professional services company, consumer loan originator
and servicer, payments processor, and K-12 and higher education
expert. For over 40 years, Nelnet has been serving its customers,
associates, and communities.The perks of working at Nelnet go
beyond our benefits package. When you join the Nelnet team, you're
part of a community invested in the success of each individual.
That support comes through in our work, as we are united by our
mission of creating opportunities for people where they live,
learn, and work.Nelnets in-house marketing agency is looking for a
social media manager. Our team, comprised of over 30 marketing
professionals, supports the marketing, advertising, and branding
efforts for all of Nelnets 24+ businesses. We produce effective,
award-winning work that moves Nelnet forward.The position oversees
all of Nelnets social media properties and is responsible for
creating social strategies, leading social campaign implementation
and optimization, and managing enterprise social governance. The
social media manager is expected to support Nelnet businesses with
social strategies, insights, analytics, and expertise, as well as
manage the day-to-day operations of projects in execution (when
needed).This position requires work in support of the Companys
contract with the United States Department of Education (ED). As
such, the United States Government requires that any applicant for
this position must complete United States Government security
clearance. Effective June 1, 2018, ED has informed Nelnet that
security clearance applications for foreign nationals are not being
accepted or processed. In light of this direction from ED, Nelnet
will be unable to hire applicants without United States citizenship
for such positions.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as advisor to marketing leadership, providing technical
expertise in the implementation and evaluation of social campaign
- Lead social marketing annual budget and allocation
- Identify new social media trends and insights, convey
opportunity to marketing/business leadership, and implement
necessary campaign adjustments.
- Serve as owner of Nelnets social media management (SMM)
platform, related technologies, and partnerships.
- Maintain enterprise social media governance and moderation
- Build and execute Nelnets social media strategy through
competitive research, social platform determination, benchmarking,
messaging, and audience identification.
- Through the SMM platform, improve engagement across NN social
platforms by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data,
metrics, insights, and best practices.
- Leverage Nelnets SMM platform to gather market intelligence and
inform social platform and website content strategy.
- Establish social platform standards focused on reputation
management, category , and product awareness.
- Oversee the development of social media content calendars and
channel content production.
- Provide community management consultation and response
- Guide Nelnets plan for entrance onto emerging social
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in Advertising, Marketing, or
- 10+ years of social media experience.
- 2+ years of social media management experience preferred.
- Experience with Salesforce Social Studio or related SMMP.
- Experience with a large-scale campaign/project management.
- Experience with crises mitigation and management.
- Experience with content strategy, cross-channel mapping, and
platform best practices.
- Experience with search engine optimization for
- Proven leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent proofreading skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to deliver jobs on time and on budget.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects.
- Proven mastery of language and grammar.
- Knowledge and understanding of AP Style.
- Active learner who stays up-to-date on trends and best
practices.Colorado residents; pay range for this role is $65,000 -
$85,000Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA
and FSA, generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment,
life insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program,
employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement,
performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability,
and a robust wellness program. Click here to learn more about our
benefits: LINK (http://nelnetinc.com/careers/benefits/) .Nelnet is
an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246,
and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants
are employed, and that employees are treated during employment,
without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin,
gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog
or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or
any other status protected by Federal or State law or local
ordinance.Qualified individuals with disabilities who require
reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for
positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting
Corporate Recruiting at 402-486-5725 or
email@example.com .Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco
Free Workplace.You may know Nelnet as the nations largest student
loan servicer but we do more than that. A lot more. Were also a
professional services company, consumer loan originator and
servicer, payment processor, renewable energy innovator, and K-12
and higher education expert (and thats just a shortlist). For over
40 years, weve been serving our customers, associates, and
communities to make dreams possible.EEO Info
(https://nelnetinc.com/wp-content/uploads/EEO-poster.pdf) - EEO
- FMLA Info
Keywords: Nelnet, Greeley , Social Media Manager, Advertising , Gering, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!