Director of Nursing Education Program - DNEP
Company: Aims Community College
Posted on: January 8, 2021
ATTENTION - Are you a current Aims Employee or Student? If so,
we need you to apply through your Workday account.Please close this
window and log into your Workday account. Apply by using the
"Career" application on your home page. If you're a student please
use "Find Student Jobs" under the "Career" application to
apply.Instructions for Applicants:Your on-line application is how
you can be considered for employment at Aims Community College.
Your thorough completion of the questions included in the
application and your work experience with emphasis on how you meet
the qualifications, duties, and responsibilities of the job
description will assist the hiring manager and/or search committee
as they determine who best to move forward in the hiring
- Clearly document job duties performed that relate to
responsibilities, qualifications, and essential job duties in the
"Work Experience" section on the application. We evaluate your
experience based on this information.
- Clearly outline dates of employment and hours worked per week
or credit hours worked per term for each employment experience
listed in the Work Experience section of the Application.Be sure to
upload all the required documents listed at the bottom of the Job
Description. This can be uploaded as part of your application
materials in the "My Experience" section labeled Resume . If there
are missing documents, your application will be considered
incomplete and will not be considered, and that would be
unfortunate.Applicants for faculty positions must submit a copy of
academic transcripts from an accredited institution. If hired,
official transcripts will be requested. Applicants who have earned
degrees from outside of the United States must provide a credential
evaluation of said transcript(s) as part of their application
materials. National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (
www.naces.org ) or Association of International Credential
Evaluators ( www.aice-eval.org ) lists members who may be contacted
for assistance in evaluating foreign credentials.One more thing you
should know:All positions at Aims Community College require that
candidates submit to a criminal background check prior to hire.
Keep in mind, a conviction does not automatically preclude
candidates from being hired. The nature of a conviction will be
considered relative to the duties of the position.Depending on the
position you applied to (full-time or part-time), compensation
listed below is as follows:
- Full-Time compensation is based on qualifications, experience
and internal equity in addition to a generous benefits package .
Listed is the minimum starting annual salar y which, for a
non-exempt position, would be paid on an hourly basis.
- Part-Time Hourly compensation has a set rate of pay.
- Part-Time Facult y (Faculty Load and Compensation) in
accordance with Aims Community College pay schedule.Minimum payment
amount:$72,712.00Pay rate type:SalaryJob DescriptionThe Director of
Nursing Education Programs provides programmatic leadership for the
Nursing Education Program. The position has responsibility for
marketing, management, and assisting in curriculum design of
educational programs that serve employers' and employees' needs.
The Director works closely with health industry partners to
determine program development needs, to design innovative curricula
that enhance employees' skills and knowledge and comply with
professional accreditation requirements, to comply with Colorado
State Board of Nursing and ACEN requirements, to recruit students
and faculty, and manage the program's operational budgets. This
position serves as liaison with outside agencies, community
organizations, and other constituencies within the
- Insure effective and high quality instruction in all levels of
health occupations course offerings by continually refining and
modernizing curriculum so that it remains educationally sound and
meets the high standards the College.
- Apply learning-centered educational practices such as creating
and communicating clearly defined outcomes for student
- Support current simulation technology in Nursing.
- Maintain currency in the faculty member's field of
- Adopt new teaching methodology as appropriate and maintain
suitable association memberships.
- Plan, monitor, and evaluate instruction with regard to
methodology, content, and student learning outcomes and assessment
- Evaluate student achievement of curricular objectives/outcomes
related to nursing knowledge/practice.
- Design, implement, and evaluate curriculum using written plans.
Plan and provide didactic instruction and clinical or laboratory
experiences which reflect an understanding of the programs'
mission, objectives and curriculum.
- Develop and coordinating the use of educational facilities and
- Oversee and advance academic assessment in coordination with
academic assessment efforts at the College.
- Insure and document the Nursing Education Program's compliance
with the State Board of Nursing (SBON) Rules and Regulations and
the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing ( ACEN)
Standards and Criteria and all other state and/or federal
guidelines. Act as a liaison with the Board (SBON).
- Conduct clinical site visits to evaluate student progress,
clinical instructor evaluation, and maintain relationships with
- Review programmatic data and oversee program reviews for the
programs, collaboratively design and implement initiatives to
assist with student success.
- Maintain compliance with the provisions of the College's
full-time faculty position description
- Maintain and revise Nursing Education Program handbooks
- Develop and maintaining the relationship between the Nursing
Education Programs and the Governing Body, including but not
limited to acting as liaison with other programs within the
Governing Body and with other Nursing Education Programs.
- Developing and maintaining ongoing relationships within the
community, including fostering the Nursing Education Program's
responsiveness to community/employer needs.Supervising
- Providing a current written job description for all faculty and
- Demonstrating leadership within the faculty for development,
implementation, and evaluation of the curriculum and other Nursing
Education Program components.
- Recruiting and selecting faculty for employment, designing and
monitoring development plans for faculty, conducting performance
reviews of faculty, and participating in faculty promotion and
- Determining the need for additional faculty release time for
- Interview, recommend, orient, mentor and supervise full-time
and part-time faculty and staff as assigned.Student Oversight
- Develop, implement, evaluate, and revise student admission,
progression, retention, and graduation standards.
- Provide competent student advising
- Assume primary responsibility for recruitment of students for
the Nursing EducationProgram.
- Oversee the student selection process for the Nursing Education
- Assume a leading role in the advisement of students in the
Nursing Education Program and serve as information/resource person
for the public.
- Assist students and others with the resolution of concerns and
- Perform duties of club advisor for Student Nurses Associations
1 and 2.
- Maintain with assistance of the Staff Associate student nurse
- Oversee the budget Planning process and administer the Nursing
Education Program budget.
- Maintain with assistance of the Allied Health Staff Associate
student nurse clinical templates.
- Lead all nursing program committees: Faculty, Curriculum,
Systematic Program Evaluation, Admissions, Advisory.
- Develop semester course calendars/schedules including theory,
laboratory, and clinical courses, and develop student clinical
- Work closely with the Clinical Site Coordinator in arrangement
of clinical sites and student compliance in My Clinical
- Develop and coordinate the use of educational facilities and
- Participate on College committees or organizations and in
community service opportunities as assigned.
- Participate in the integration of liberal arts and
career/technical (occupational) education as assigned, including
serving on campus-wide committees.
- Oversee the Nursing Education Program websites.Teaching
- Teaching may be included in duties, up to 25% of typical
faculty loadOther duties as assignedMinimum Qualifications:
- Master's degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited college
or university with national nursing accreditation.
- An active unencumbered license to practice as a registered
nurse in Colorado.
- Two years of full-time (or equivalent) clinical experience as a
practicing Registered Nurse (or equivalent).
- Two years of full-time teaching experience at the Associate
Degree Nursing level (or higher) in an approved Nursing Education
- Documented knowledge and skills related to teaching adults,
teaching methodology, curriculum development, and curriculum
- Administrative experience (in education or healthcare), proven
leadership skills, and the ability to design and implement
effective Nursing Education programs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and an ability
to provide vision for projects while attending to daily operational
- A collaborative leadership style.
- Completion of background investigation and drug screens the
results of such are satisfactory to College and program
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive,
professional, interpersonal relationships with students, faculty,
staff, and administrators in all areas of the college and
- Ability to work as a team member with all Allied Health
Programs as exhibited by a genuine spirit of cooperation and
- Qualifications required prior to employment OR ability to
obtain upon hire: Hold or qualify for CPR certification within
three months of hire
- Ability to obtain a Post-Secondary Career and Technical
Education ( CTE ) instructor's teaching credential as a Health
Science Technology Instructor issued by the State Board for
Community Colleges and Occupational Education.Preferred
- Experience overseeing aHigher Education Nursing Program
- Nursing program Accreditation oversight experiencePlease
provide the following required documents:- Resume- Cover Letter-
Diversity Statement- Copy of Transcripts- Teaching Philosophy-
Three professional referencesPlease Note: All required documents
can be uploaded in the "my experience" section of the application
under Required Documents.Included with Aims Full-time Employment is
a generous package of Benefits, most are listed below:
- Full time benefits effective on date of hire.
- 100% employer provided medical & dental coverage employees
(employee only option).
- 85% employer provided medical & dental coverage for employee's
spouse and/or family.
- Voluntary vision insurance through VSP (www.vsp.com)
- Monthly annual and sick leave accrual.
- 13 paid holidays and 3 personal days each year.
- Summer schedule: 4 day work week - Fridays Off.
- Employer paid long-term disability and life insurance
- Tuition waiver & reimbursement for employees.
- Tuition reimbursement for dependents.
- PERA employer (see www.copera.org for comprehensive
- Additional supplemental benefits & retirement programs
available.Part-time employees also receive some benefits depending
on the number of hours worked.
- Tuition waiver for employee on Aims courses
- Access to the PERC (Aims gym) for employee and family
- Aims Discount programScreening/Selection:If you need assistance
with this process please contact Human Resources.Initial screening
will be conducted by a committee based on completed application
materials.Please be prepared to submit the following, if
required:--- Cover Letter addressing qualifications relative to
position requirements--- Resume--- Diversity Statement (your
personal statement on diversity)--- Teaching Philosophy (for
faculty positions only)--- Transcripts (for faculty positions only)
. Official transcripts will be required if hiredFaculty: Must
submit academic transcripts from an accredited institution.
Applicants who have degrees from outside of the United States must
request a credential evaluation of their transcript. National
Association of Credential Evaluation Services ( www.naces.org ) or
Association of International Credential Evaluators (
www.aice-eval.org ) lists members who may be contacted for
assistance in evaluating foreign credentials.All application
materials become the property of Aims Community College. All
application materials must be submitted by the closing date posted.
The screening committee will select finalists for
interviews.Notice: Aims Community College is an equal opportunity
employer. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be
without discrimination based on age, ancestry, color, creed,
disability, ethnicity, familial status, gender, gender identity,
genetic information, marital status, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, race, religion, or veteran's status. The goal of Aims
is to enhance the diversity present in the district we serve. To
comply with Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, if hired,
you will be required to provide documents within 3 days of hire
date to show your identity and your authorization to work. This law
applies to all persons hired.
Keywords: Aims Community College, Greeley , Director of Nursing Education Program - DNEP, Education / Teaching , Greeley, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!