Design Engineer - Structures
Company: Contech Engineered Solutions
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Job SummaryThe Design Engineer works primarily in a structural
engineering design role and provides technical support to sales
personnel, consulting engineers, contractors, and customers in
conjunction with the promotion and installation and evaluation of
Contech's products. Develops engineering solutions for specific
projects involving short to medium span bridge projects for
national clients related to Contech's bridge products. Works
closely with and maintains effective working relationships with
individuals within the Engineering, CAD, Marketing / Sales and
Operations Teams to meet common goals and commercial objectives of
the company. Provides input, review and mentoring to various
members of the Engineering Dept. and CAD Team in the preparation of
engineering and drawing submittals for customers. Adheres to
company policies and assists in risk management efforts.Primary
- Provides project specific design services focusing on Contech's
Steel Truss and Girder bridge products - including preparation of
engineering drawings and calculations, review of project plans,
developing project solutions, providing technical advice - to
assist the field sales team with integration and acceptance of
Contech's products into site plans.
- Performs structural analysis and design of bridge elements
including superstructure, foundations, and retaining walls.
- Works effectively with in-house engineers and CAD Techs, Sales
/ Marketing Team members as well as with outside engineers in the
specification and design of Contech's products.
- Provides technical support to the Operations / Manufacturing
Team as required for the proper fabrication of Contech's
- Communicates and coordinates efforts with field sales staff and
the manufacturing team regarding any questions and concerns
involving the proper design, manufacture and installation of
- Checks work produced by other team members to assure
- Handles calls from the field sales / marketing team, outside
consultants and plant personnel and provides competent technical
advice and input.
- Maintains engineering standards, policies, best practices and
- Helps to develop training programs and aids for Contech's
- Assists in the writing and development of technical papers and
product literature needed for the support and the promotion of
- Has a working knowledge and familiarity with the governing
specifications covering Contech's products. Assists in the
development, writing and modification of such specifications. May
serve on technical committees in efforts to develop these
- Maintains knowledge and certifications in civil/structural
engineering field. Attends industry trade shows, continuing
education courses and seminars as necessary.
- May travel to job sites to provide technical support,
consultation and evaluation related to Contech's products.
- Other duties as assignedMinimum EducationRequired minimum
education: 4 year - Bachelor's DegreeRequired Major/Focus:
EngineeringPreferred Major/Focus: Civil Engineering with structural
emphasisLicensure/CertificationsRequired: EIT or qualified to take
the EITPreferred: PERequiredQualifications
- 1 to 2 years of experience in civil engineering projects
- Entry Level Candidates will be considered.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Highly organized and able to multi-task.
- Excel and Microsoft Office computer skills.
- Strong communication skills - written and verbal.
- Ability to travel 1-5% of the time.Preferred
- AutoCAD skills proficiency
- Finite element analysis and/or structural analysis software
exposureEmployment Type: Full TimeYears Experience: Less than 1
yearSalary: $60,000 - $70,000 AnnualBonus/Commission: No
Keywords: Contech Engineered Solutions, Greeley , Design Engineer - Structures, Engineering , Greeley, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!