Mechanic - Diesel
Company: Dairy Farmers of America
Posted on: May 26, 2023
General Purpose: To support the maintenance and repair of milk
trucks and trailers ensuring that equipment is available and in
optimal operating condition. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responds to maintenance requests from drivers, safety
coordinator, DOT coordinator, shop foreperson, transportation
supervisor, and fleet manager.
- Maintains, repairs or replaces brakes; steering mechanisms;
springs; air bags; lights; air conditioners; water, fuel, oil, and
air filters; coolant and chemicals; transmissions; tire air
pressure; tire tread; chassis; brakes; drive lines; u-joints; air
tanks; batteries; air lines; power cords; wipers; windshields;
mirrors; engines; drive train components or other equipment as
- Conducts periodic inspections, diagnoses problems, and takes
action to bring equipment to optimal operating condition and
eliminating unsafe operating conditions.
- Verifies equipment is in compliance with DOT specifications.
Performs annual vehicle inspection in compliance with state
- Conducts annual yearly admissions tests in compliance with
- Responds to accidents or inoperable vehicles utilizing tow
truck to transport equipment back to garage for repair.
- Operates arc and mig weld equipment. Pay and Benefits:
- Competitive pay based on experience (Minimum $25 per hour)
- 401k Employer Match
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Generous vacation
- Paid Sick Time
- And more EEO/AA/Female/Minority/Disabled/Veteran Required
Minimum Qualifications: Education and Experience Must have high
school diploma or GED At least two years experience as a diesel
Class 8 vehicle mechanic; CDL desirable Necessary Knowledge, Skills
and Abilities: Must be able to read and understand driver
inspection reports Must be able to communicate effectively both
orally and in writing Must be able to provide and use personal hand
tools appropriate for working on heavy equipment Must have
knowledge and understanding of DOT regulations. Physical Demands
and Work Environment: Must be able to lift 75 lbs. See physical
Keywords: Dairy Farmers of America, Greeley , Mechanic - Diesel, Engineering , Greeley, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...