Infection Preventionist RN
Company: Good Samaritan Society
Posted on: October 19, 2020
Location: Good Samaritan Society Bonell Community Address: nd
St, Greeley, CO 80 USA Employment Type: Full-Time Shift: 8 Hours -
Day Shifts Job Responsibilities
- Primary Job Responsibilities Must maintain an active Registered
Nurse (RN) license in good standing throughout employment.
- Must have CPR certification upon hire or obtain during
- CPR certification must remain current during employment.
- Must have completed an approved Infection Preventionist
Certification course (e.g., CDC) or will complete within first 90
days of hire.
- Prior experience with geriatrics preferred.
- Specific Job Requirements Serves as designated associate
responsible for monitoring Public Health Advisories from local,
state, and federal agencies including the CDC; established
campus-wide systems for tracking, testing and reporting
- Serves as the facility's IPC for COVID-19 prevention and
response activities, in accordance with current CDC
- Maintains a current knowledge of infection control trends,
methodologies, and employee health practices
- Performs work within the scope of his/her license
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when
circumstances warrant such action
- Must be knowledgeable of Infection Prevention and Control
practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and
guidelines governing nursing functions in the post-acute care
- Must have the ability to implement and interpret the programs,
goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the Infection
Prevention and Control Program
- Must perform proficiently in all applicable competency
- Secondary Job Responsibilities in cooperation with the Clinical
Lead Development Specialist and under the direction of the Director
of Nursing, lead and coordinate the nursing department employee
training and competencies
- Assist in on-call rotation and/or weekend rotation with the
nursing leadership team
- Assist working the floor, if needed Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Licensure, registration or certification for state of practice
- Ability to communicate and comprehend.
- Knowledge of basic nursing skills, knowledge of infection
control principles. The Good Samaritan Society offers an
attractive, employee-approved benefits package for qualifying
full-time and part-time employees. The variety of benefits include
health benefits, a retirement plan, work/life balance benefits,
voluntary benefits and much more! To review all of the great
benefits and benefit eligibility, visit https// All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran
status, genetic information, marital status or other protected
status. For more information including state-specific protections,
please visit https// Division: NURSING SERVICES Req ID:
Keywords: Good Samaritan Society, Greeley , Infection Preventionist RN, Healthcare , Greeley, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!