Registered Nurse RN Med Surg per diem
Company: Banner Health
Posted on: May 15, 2023
The future is full of possibilities. At Banner Health, we're excited about what the future holds for health care. That's why we're changing the industry to make the experience the best it can be. If you're ready to change lives, we want to hear from you.
Ogallala offers one of Nebraska's most popular recreational areas Lake McConaughy, the state's largest lake. There are all sorts of activities here from boating, fishing and camping to viewing the diverse avian populations. West Wing Golf Club provides a relaxing 18-hole game through moguls and greens while a stroll down Main Street offers a glimpse into life in a 19th Century town.
Ogallala Community Hospital is looking for a per diem Registered Nurse RN to work with the Medical Surgical department in Ogallala, Nebraska. You will have the ability to make the most of working in a smaller facility by cross-training to all areas of nursing including Women's & Infant services, Emergency services and Orthopedic services! This position is per diem with no guaranteed hours nor benefits. If you enjoy working with a great team and working on a variety of different cases, apply today! New grads welcome to apply
Should you have any questions, please contact Debbie Hoekstra at or .
Ogallala Community Hospital combines tradition and technology in the charming small town of Ogallala, Neb. Our 18-bed facility is at the heart of a well-integrated, total care system from primary care to specialty care and is committed to meeting the health care needs of western Nebraska. Serving a patient population from newborns through geriatric patients, we operate a very busy outpatient clinic as well as a specialty clinic with a variety of visiting specialists, including cardiology, urology, OB/GYN, podiatry, ENT and ophthalmology. Our commitment to compassionate, innovative patient care is evidenced in our receiving the Recognition of Quality Award from Blue Cross Blue Shield of Nebraska in 2007, 2008 and 2009. We also provide a uniquely rewarding lifestyle for healthcare professionals. In fact, we are located just a few miles from the shore of beautiful Lake McConaughy, Nebraska's largest body of water. With more than 100 miles of shoreline and white sand beaches you'll enjoy recreational opportunities for all seasons.
This position assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and documents nursing care of patients in accordance with organizational policies and in accordance with standards of professional nursing practice utilizing the framework for professional nursing practice and development. This position is accountable for the quality of nursing services delivered by self or others who are under their direction. This position utilizes specialized knowledge, judgment, and nursing skills necessary to assess data and plan, provide and evaluate care appropriate to the physical and developmental age of assigned patients.
1. Assesses patient physical, psychological, social, spiritual, educational, developmental, cultural and discharge planning needs. Reviews patient history and physical with patient/family and assures completion within appropriate timeframe. Reviews available information obtained by other health care team members. Reviews diagnostics and laboratory data and reports abnormal results to the physician(s) and other appropriate caregivers. Completes assessment and reassessments according to patient need and as outlined in policy.
2. Formulates a plan of care, including the discharge plan, utilizing assessment data and patient, family and health team input. Initiates a plan of care based on patient-specific needs, assessment data and the medical plan of care. Goals for patient are realistic, measurable and developed in conjunction with the patient/family. Considers the physical, cultural, psychosocial, spiritual, age specific and educational needs of the patient in the plan of are. Plans care in collaboration with members of the multidisciplinary team. Reviews and revises the plan of care to reflect changing patient needs based on evaluation of the patient's status.
3. Implements the plan of care through direct patient care, coordination, delegation and supervision of the activities of the health care team. Provides care based on physician orders and the nursing plan of care, in compliance with policies and procedures, standards of care, and regulatory agency requirements. Delegates appropriately, and provides nursing supervision in the provision of care to patients by other licensed nurses and other personnel. Promotes continuity of care by accurately and completely communicating to other caregivers the status of patients for whom care is provided.
4. Evaluates the patient's and family's response to care and teaching, and revises the plan of care as needed. Evaluates patient progress towards goals and expected outcomes in collaboration with other health care team members. Evaluates patient's response and the effectiveness of patient teaching.
5. Documents assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation in the patient record. Documentation is legible, timely and in accordance with policy. Documentation reflects objective/subjective data, nursing interventions and patient's response to treatment. Notes physician orders accurately and in a timely manner.
6. Provides care based on the best evidence available and may participate in research activities within clinical practice. Participates in unit or facility shared leadership. Interacts and participates in the education, role development, and orientation of facility personnel, patients, students, families and visitors. Promotes/supports growth of others through precepting and mentoring when appropriate.
7. Contributes to society through activities that lead to excellent patient outcomes through timely, effective, efficient, equitable, and safe care. Actively participates in the improvement of national nursing quality indicators and outcomes. Such activities may include participating in professional organizations.
8. In some roles, this position may supervise staff and work flow of the department.
9.Interacts with all levels of staff in a variety of departments, physicians, patients, families and external contacts, such as employees of other health care institutions, community providers and agencies, concerning the health care of the patient. Interacts with other health care providers in numerous settings in order to report and ask for or clarify information. Also works with clergy to provide spiritual support. Synthesizes and prioritizes data from multiple sources to provide support for the human response of the patient and family to changes in health status.
Must possess a current, valid RN license in state of practice, temporary/interim RN license in state of practice, or compact RN licensure for current state of practice. BLS certification is required. Additional certification or continuing education may be required based on area of practice.
Relates throughout the interview process the experience, training and education needed to perform the job. Experience in the clinical area for which he or she is applying is desired. Must maintain clinical performance competencies appropriate to the area in which they work as demonstrated through annual validations. Banner Registry and Travel acute care positions require a minimum of one year experience in an acute care hospital setting. Experience must include working in an acute care setting within the past 12 months as a Registered Nurse in the specialty area. Banner Registry and Travel physician practice positions require a minimum of one year experience as a Registered Nurse in a physician practice or an acute care setting. Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital, BTMC Behavioral, Banner Home Care/Hospice or Boswell Skilled Nursing Facility must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. Employees working at Banner MD Anderson on the Banner University Medical Center Phoenix campus must possess a State of Arizona Department of Public Safety Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. This is a requirement of the Whole Family Counseling Program held at this specific facility. Employees working in the Banner McKee Senior Behavioral Health Inpatient Unit must possess an Colorado Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Bachelor's degree preferred. Professional certification preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Our organization supports a drug-free work environment.
Keywords: Banner Health, Greeley , Registered Nurse RN Med Surg per diem, Healthcare , Ogallala, Colorado
here to apply!