Power & Utilities Technician ($27.75 - $32.61/hr)
Company: Leprino Foods
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Leprino Foods' history dates back over 65 years, when Jim
Leprino first started making small batches of mozzarella for local
markets and eateries in the Little Italy neighborhood of Denver.
We've grown a bit since then. Today, Leprino is the largest
manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose in the world, and a leading
producer of whey protein. Still owned by Jim and the Leprino
family, our sights are set to be the "World's Best Dairy Food and
Ingredient Company." To help us achieve that daring vision, we're
looking for our secret ingredient: You. A motivated individual who
is the best at what you do. Three people in a small corner grocery
store in the early 1950s have now grown to over 4,300 employees
throughout 16 global locations. Will you join us on our journey?
Job Summary: The Power & Utilities Technician is responsible for
the safe and efficient operation of all steam, refrigeration,
compressed air and support equipment. This position is also
responsible for the safe repair and troubleshooting of
malfunctioning electrical or instrumentation systems, the
calibration of instruments, performing mechanical, preventive, and
predictive maintenance, and maintaining 5S standards. This position
will participate on the hazmat response team. The Greeley Team is
seeking a Power & Utilities Technician to help us achieve our
goals. We Ask Of You To:
- Safe repair and troubleshooting of malfunctioning mechanical,
electrical or instrumentation systems.
- Calibration of instruments.
- Maintaining 5S standards in work areas and tool boxes.
- Performing mechanical, preventive, and predictive
- Participation on the hazmat response team.
Minimum Qualifications: Education and Experience:
- Experience in a similar technician role with electrical
- Experience in maintenance pneumatics.
- Experience with electrical controls.
- Experience with schematic reading.
Minimum Qualifications:Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old.
- Must be able to speak, read, and write the English
- Must be able to work rotating shifts, off-shifts, weekends,
holidays, and required overtime to support a 24 hour/7 day
- Must be able to work 12.5 hour scheduled shifts.
- Ability to repeatedly lift throughout the entire shift meeting
minimal lift requirements.
- Ability to access elevated work areas such as climbing
ladders/stairs and work at extreme heights.
- Ability to understand and apply standard operating
- Ability to wear required personal protective equipment and
comply with all applicable safety practices.
- Ability to maintain a clean work area according to good
- Ability to stand, kneel, and walk for extended periods of
- Ability to work in hot, humid, and cold areas and tight
- Ability to use hand tools.
- Good communication skills to communicate with co-workers and
- Skills to perform basic and intermediate mathematical
- Lifting Requirements:
- 75 lbs from Floor to 72"
- Daily Stair climbing
Preferred Qualifications: Education and Experience:
- Associates or a 2 year degree in a maintenance related
- Experience in a similar maintenance technician role
- Experience with boiler ammonia refrigeration (2+years).
- Experience with stainless steel welding and fabrication.
- Experience in dairy/food manufacturing.
- Experience with AC frequency drives and instrumentation.
- Experience with mechanical repairs including rebuilding of
gearboxes and process equipment.
Preferred Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to enter data into and pull data from computer systems,
including proficient skills in email, internet, Microsoft Office
and computerized maintenance management systems.
- Ability with problem-solving to deal with equipment or
troubleshooting when supervision is not readily available for
We Offer You In Return: At Leprino Foods, starting compensation for
this role typically ranges between $27.75 and $32.61 per hour.
- The opportunity to join a company that will invest in you for
the long-term. Leprino couldn't be where it is today without our
incredible workforce. That's why we share in our success together
by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring people who are in it
for the long run with Leprino is our goal. Through competitive
wage, healthcare benefits, tuition assistance, vacation, holiday,
and sick time, matching 401(k), incentives, and our annual Profit
Sharing plan - Leprino hires to retire.
Leprino Foods Company utilizes the services of Psychemedics to
perform our Hair Follicle Drug Testing. Additional information
about this process can be obtained at www.psychemedics.com Leprino
Foods requires all individuals to wear the appropriate Personal
Protection Equipment (PPE) as required by the role and location.
Leprino Foods Company supports a drug-free workplace and is an
EEO/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran
The "Easy Apply" option through LinkedIn is not considered an
official application with Leprino Foods. If you would like to
formally apply for this open position, please
Keywords: Leprino Foods, Greeley , Power & Utilities Technician ($27.75 - $32.61/hr), Human Resources , Greeley, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!