Physical Therapist - Home Health
Company: LHC Group, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
$10K Sign On for Full Time
The Physical Therapist (PT, DPT, RPT) in Home Health is
responsible for the assessment and evaluation of patient care needs
related to functional status/mobility, endurance/stamina, pain and
other medical conditions. Based on this assessment and evaluation,
thePhysical Therapist works to help determine a treatment plan,
performs interventions aimed at improving and enhancing the
patient's well-being, and evaluates the patient's
Colorado Plains Medical Center
Homecarebased in Fort Morgan,a part of LHC
Group, is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals,
physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice
care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we
deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to
manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around
the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver
patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and
families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single,
shared purpose:It's all about helping
Benefits and More
- Flexible Schedules
- PTO Time
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Medical, dental, and vision packages
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Promotion opportunities
- Continuing Education
- Current Physical Therapy licensure in state of practice.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Must have a current driver's license and vehicle insurance, and
access to a dependable vehicle.
- Evaluates the patient's functional status and physical therapy
needs. Assists the physician in the development of the therapyplan
- Provides services within the scope of practice as defined by
the state laws governing the practice of physical therapy, in
accordance with the plan of care, and in coordination with other
members of the health care team.
- Observes and reports the patient's response to treatment and
any changes in his/her condition to the supervising nurse and/or
- Treats patients to relieve pain, develop and restore function,
and / or maintain maximum functioning using acceptablestandards of
- Instructs and informs participating members of the health care
team, the patient, and the family/caregivers regarding the plan of
care, functional limitations, and progress toward goals.
- Visits patients according to Plan of Treatment, completes a
progress note for each visit, and submits progress notes per
- Completes all patient evaluations and develops the PT plan of
care within state specific guidelines. Reports outcomes of
evaluation, goals, and anticipated projected frequency of care to
supervising nurse within 24 hours of the evaluation.
- Participates in staff conferences and committees as
- May supervise home health aides in lieu of a RN if physical
therapy is the only skilled service being provided and if allowed
- Provides supervision of the PTA as per LHC policy.
- Prepares a written discharge summary and/or a written summary
report on patient's condition at least every 60 days.
- Provides in-service education as requested by agency
- Adheres to LHC Therapy Standards of Practice in provision of
services to all patients.
- All other duties as assigned.
Keywords: LHC Group, Inc., Greeley , Physical Therapist - Home Health, Other , Sterling, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!