Posted on: May 3, 2021
Position at JBS USA Food Company
JBS USA is a leading global provider of diversified, high-quality
food products, including a portfolio of well-recognized brands and
innovative, easy-to-use food solutions. We process, prepare,
package and deliver fresh and value-added premium meat, poultry and
retail-ready food products for customers in approximately 100
countries on six continents. We are also the majority shareholder
of Pilgrim's, the largest poultry company in North America. JBS USA
employs more than 100,000 team members, and our corporate office is
located in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, where our 1,200 team
members onsite enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
The Immigration Specialist will provide support in the areas of
immigration and global mobility for employees. This position will
report to the Corporate HR Director and will have interaction with
internal business leaders and external vendors.
- Support and assist in development of global mobility strategy.
Initiate and develop immigration cases through contact with clients
(HR Business Partners, Managers, Recruiters and Foreign National
workforce), prepare government forms in support of various
non-immigrant and immigrant petitions, understand document
requirements and filing procedures at Service Centers and US
- Support a sophisticated client base in a fast-paced environment
by providing a high level of service to foreign nationals and
international business travelers when responding to questions
regarding status updates, next steps, travel, and strategy.
- Coordinate with internal resources (Payroll, Human Resources
Business Partners, HRIS, Tax, and Finance) to address questions
and/or resolve issues related to immigration regulations, alerts,
updates and procedures to support the business.
- Provide critical support to HR leadership in the development
and implementation of internal policies and procedures related to
the international population.
- Advise the HR leadership about any irregularities, possible
legal violations, request submissions, applications, renewals and
status on the immigration case load.
- Prepare periodic reports for review and presentation.
- Maintain current operational knowledge of the law, changes and
processes in Homeland Security, U.S. State Department and U. S.
Labor Departments impacting immigration.
- Provide high-level immigration information, customer service,
and education to employees.
- Assist the Company's business travelers in business travel
requirements such as passports and business visas to foreign
- Advise and provide immigration guidance to recruiters and
hiring managers on the hiring of new employees.
- Facilitate organizational intra-company transfers, which may
include involvement on domestic and international relocations.
- Partner with outside counsel on issues, act as the catalyst for
solutions to ensure resolution.
- Manage escalations with diplomacy and tact while upholding
compliance with regulations and Company policy.
- Communicate with employees on case status and case issues, as
required. Monitor status of pending cases.
- Facilitate the signing of all immigration documents by
verifying employee information and obtaining
- Utilize a strong working knowledge of immigration policies and
procedures to recommend improvements to work flow and operational
- Ensure organization of immigration compliance records including
quality control, data input, and maintenance.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned.
- Bachelor degree in related discipline, or an equivalent
combination of education and work experience.
- At least one year of working knowledge of US based Immigration
law and procedures is preferred, to include familiarity with global
immigration laws and procedures.
- HR Generalist experience highly preferred.
- Strong communication, customer service, and negotiation skills,
experience interacting with business leaders to provide
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint,
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the
following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60
days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service
and follows the company vesting schedule;
- Base salary range of $58,000-$70,000; and
- This position is eligible to participate in the Company's
annual bonus plan, the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the
standard terms and conditions of the incentive program;
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment
for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that
goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background check for all new
team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. The
Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of
employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the
end of the third day of work.
Keywords: Plumrose, Greeley , IMMIGRATION SPECIALIST, Other , greeley, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!