Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of
Pipeline Operator located in Greeley, CO, United States,
through June 10, 2021, at 11:59 p.m . (Eastern Standard
Under direct supervision, the pipeline operator is responsible
for overseeing the daily operations of the pipeline to ensure
proper and optimum operation of all associated equipment and
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not
- Responsible for monitoring, operation, and maintenance of any
- Perform minor equipment repairs and servicing on facility
equipment including expanders, natural gas compressors and
- Complete all required training, sign offs and qualifications
- Operates dedicated HMI control system, example Delta V, Allen
- Remote operation and monitoring of all facilities including DOT
- Operates a pipeline to deliver liquids to high pressure sales
- Optimizes facility capacity in safe and efficient ways and
maintains/cleans facility as needed. Assists in facility start-up
and shut-down operations.
- Ensures roustabouts and relief personnel comply with facility
procedures and policies. Ensures work performed by third parties
complies with facility procedures and policies
- Prepares necessary paperwork including procedures, maintenance
reports, safety reports, leak reports, equipment reports, etc. and
distributes to supervisor and organization.
- Reports volumes and key facility operating parameters at shift
change and to all related personnel.
- Performs routine and non-routine sampling and performs
roustabout duties as required.
- Conducts periodic visits to inspect compressor stations, meters
- Utilizes CMMS for all PM and work requests. Witnesses meter
- Enforce compliance with Company policies by all employees.
- Review pipeline maps and clear e-mailed locates from UNCC.
- Perform line locating requests in a timely and accurate
- Coordinate with various developers or contractors in order to
explain and inspect safety procedures when digging around a Company
- On site supervision of line crossings by third parties
- Actively participates in the training and mentoring of Line
- On call after hours and weekends for the departments
- Receives high risk locating assignments within the
- Working environment includes exposure to extremely loud noises
in field, hazardous chemicals, and hydrocarbons that may be under
extreme pressure for which appropriate safety measures are
required. Also includes working with moving machinery/equipment
parts for which extreme caution must be taken.
- Completes orientation and all required HSE training
- Must be able to wear and maintain all required PPE
- Daily driving of approximately 90 miles or more as required
completing assigned jobs and/or repairs.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Valid driver's license with a history of safe driving
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in oil & gas facility
operations or related
- Demonstrated knowledge of safe work practices.
- Physical ability to perform routine maintenance will be
required. Regular bending, lifting up to (25 Pounds) without
assistance and approximately (100) pounds with assistance)
crouching, pulling and kneeling to check equipment and gauges and
- Ability to work rotating shift to include holidays, weekends,
and night shifts with on-call duties
- Department of Transportation operator training a plus (DOT
- Knowledge of gas plant operations and machinery strongly
- Knowledge of safety protocols applicable to gas plant
preferred. Good electrical and mechanical aptitude.
- Thorough knowledge of PSM to include the MOC and PHA
- Basic knowledge in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.), and
an aptitude for learning new software packages.
- Communicates in a clear, concise, understandable manner, both
orally and in writing. Listens carefully and asks questions.
The hourly rate for this position is $31.75- $40.75
Chevron offers competitive compensation and benefits programs
which include, but are not limited to, variable pay, healthcare
coverage, retirement plan, insurance, time off programs, training
and development opportunities, and a range of allowances connected
to specific work situations. Details of such benefits and
allowances are available at http://hr2.chevron.com/
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including
pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical
conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical
disability (including medical condition), military or veteran
status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic
information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for
qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or
an accommodation, please email us at email@example.com .
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as
required by law.