Perform a variety of clerical duties including answering phones
and greeting the public which requires confidential, special
terminology, and considerable exercise of independent judgment.
Supervision Received: Works under general guidance and direction
of an administrative technical or professional superior.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
$18.09 - $22.91 per hour plus benefits (see benefits tab on the
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other duties may be assigned (any one position may not include all
of the duties listed nor do the listed examples include all duties
which may be found in positions of this class).
- Answer and direct all incoming calls. Greet and assist walk-in
- Open and distribute physical and electronic mail.
- Perform complex duties; types documents, correspondence, and
- Transcribe and type on Microsoft Word a variety of confidential
documents and correspondence.
- May act as liaison for department with other county offices,
agencies and the public.
- Operate a variety of office equipment, which may include
personal computer, scanner, adding machine, typewriter.
- Communicate current and anticipated problems to superior.
Perform related work as required.
- High School Diploma or GED with course work in office and
- Three years full time business or clerical experience in an
- Two years full time experience in an increasingly responsible
position in an office setting.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of spelling, punctuation and grammar; modern
office practices and procedures, and of legal terminology as
required by the position.
- Skill in taking and transcribing dictation and utilization of
office equipment as required.
- Ability to exercise initiative and considerable amount of
independent judgment; to interpret current policies and
- Ability to guide others in their work and to coordinate
department activities; to communicate effectively verbally and in
writing; to establish and maintain effective working relationships
with employees, professionals, agencies and the public.
Other Necessary Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects,
tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to sit and
talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk;
climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The work environment characteristics are representative of those
an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential