Company: Salida del Sol Academy Charter School
Posted on: November 22, 2021
POSITION SUMMARYThe library paraprofessional advocates for and
assists in providing a well organized, smooth functioning, library
and technology information center that supports students as they
strive to effectively use information and technology to become
productive citizens and lifelong learners. JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or GED equivalent, supplemented by post
high school computer courses and/or experience -OR- any other
combination of related education, experience, and training.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) helpful but not required.SKILL
- Strong organizational, time management, communication and
- Ability to advocate for the library, library staff, and library
- Requires ability to perform multiple tasks effectively at the
same time (i.e., helping students find information; pulling
information for teachers; taking phone calls.
- Knowledge of basic library materials, terminology and routines,
i.e., reference, circulation, etc.
- Knowledge of current technology, as applicable to basic school,
library, and clerical use. Adequate keyboarding skills.
- Ability to respond to urgent situations with flexibility and
efficiency, while maintaining courteous and professional
relationship with staff, students, parents, and public.
- Ability to assess, self-direct and complete tasks as needed in
- Ability to perform work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to perform all functions of the position with an
interest to learn.ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Circulates library information center books, media, and other
material to all students, staff and parents. Communicates with
library information center users regarding status of their
circulation records: provides circulation reports, class reports,
and overdue notices. Keeps patron records current. Maintains and
updates patron records.
- Manages, maintains and troubleshoots the library automation
cataloging and circulation software.
- Processes new materials for the library information center and
textbook collections: prepares materials for circulation, creates
automated catalog records using a variety of cataloging sources
including but not limited to a CD ROM containing bibliographic
records and other existing catalog records.
- On a daily basis, works and communicates effectively with the
entire school population (students, teachers, administrators,
parents, grandparents, residents, volunteers, UNC or Aims
- Works with individual students or small groups of students
using the library and available computers.
- Supervises student behavior in the library throughout the
- Assists staff and students with the operation of technology
- Help assess and minimally repair and reset chromebook
- Assist and instruct students with book selection; charge and
- Assist students with instructional tasks.
- Oversees the general appearance of the library, including
daily, seasonal, and special event displays of books and bulletin
- Assists with inventory of library materials and prepares lists
of missing books and books to be discarded.
- Shelves books, media, computer software and other materials.
Makes routine repairs on damaged materials and prepares books for
- Provides necessary clerical support for the library.
- Maintains current inventory of library-related supplies and
prepares orders for items as needed.
- May select and purchase new books, technology, etc for library
- May assist with submitting orders for library information
center materials by providing necessary clerical support or
providing input for selection.
- Performs other library information center-related duties as
- Works with the Teacher Librarian to determine and prioritize
duties and responsibilities
- Perform other duties as assignedCOMPENSATION$21,058 to $33,746
annually plus benefits.We offer a comprehensive benefits package
including medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as
other programs for benefit-eligible employees. The employee
assistance program, voluntary life insurance through PERA, and
401(k), 403(b) & 457(b) plans are available to all employees
regardless of hours worked and are available immediately (upon hire
date).Contract length: 188.5 days.Paid Leave: We offer a variety of
leave options.DISCLAIMER: The preceding job description has been
designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed
by employees within this classification. It is not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees
to this job.Job Type: Full-timePay: $21,058.00 - $33,746.00 per
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to FridayEducation:
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)Language:
- Spanish (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)Work Location:
- One locationWork Remotely:
- NoWork Location: One location
Keywords: Salida del Sol Academy Charter School, Greeley , Library Assistant, Other , Greeley, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!