Processing Supervisor (M-F 6:00pm - 4:00am)
Company: Norfolk Iron & Metal Co.
Posted on: May 13, 2022
The Processing Supervisor will be responsible for scheduling
processed orders to ensure timely delivery according to customer
needs, company guidelines, and physical time constraints. The
Processing Supervisor will report directly to the Operations
Manager. The Processing Supervisor should schedule processed orders
to the proper machinery to ensure that projects are completed to
deliver on time. This will be achieved by analyzing and managing
the existing job schedule and communicating with the sales
department when delivery of new jobs can be promised. The
Processing Supervisor will also assist in gathering
production and efficiency data and may be asked to help evaluate
employee performance.Quality Control, Training and
- Investigate errors as assigned by the Operations Manager by
reviewing processing proceduresand customer complaints.
- Recommend necessary improvements to reduce errors and improve
- Coordinate reference folders including, graphics and pictures,
to be located at all equipment inthe plant. References to be
- Develop standard packaging methods especially for short cut to
length material and flat rollmaterial.
- Communicate with Operations Manager suggested changes for
improvement in technology orpersonnel.
- Communicate with the shift foreman and Operations Manager to
maximize employee utilizationand stationing on three shifts.
- Coordinate service and repair needs with both NIM maintenance
and outside vendorsInventory, Locations, and Shipping:
- Assist Operations Manager in making sure drop is scraped or
returned to inventory accordingto current and future NIM
- Manage and maintain consumables inventory
- Assist in communication system with traffic department to
ensure that personnel are aware ofcompleted parts and they can be
shipped at the earliest possible convenience.
- Communicate with the shift supervisor to ensure proper tagging
and location of finished items.
- Assist the Operations Manager in developing programs for all
processing employees toachieve continual improvement in areas of
team building, motivation, leadership skills,
knowledge of product and processes.
- Assist in the hiring and disciplining of personnel.Salary:
$56,000 + Annually DOEBehaviorsPreferred
- Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a
- Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all
details necessary to get the task done wellMotivationsPreferred
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of
- Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to
take on more responsibility
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the
ability to contribute to the success of a project or the
Keywords: Norfolk Iron & Metal Co., Greeley , Processing Supervisor (M-F 6:00pm - 4:00am), Other , Greeley, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!