Caregiver/Qmap at Windsong at Northridge
Company: Windsong at Northridge
Posted on: August 3, 2022
Job Description -We are seeking caring and dedicated humans to
work with people with dementia in our beautiful memory care
community! Seeking Caregivers (no experience necessary) for evening
shifts, and QMAP's for NOC shifts!
$500 sign on bonus for evening shifts!
Our Mission is to foster purposeful and meaningful lives for those
with Alzheimer's and other dementias through the use of the
Montessori Inspired Lifestyle -
To treat others with integrity and courtesy, understanding that
each person is important.
To model integrity and respect in everyday actions and to influence
others to do the same. -We will honor the people we serve and work
Embracing diversity, committed to equality, feeling empathy for
To protect and value the lives and resources.
Employee Pledge :
Will work to create a place where you would want to live
Will remember that you are a guest in the home of the residents
Will treat everyone you encounter with respect, dignity, and
Will apply the Montessori principles to everything that you do
Will remember to treat others the way you wish to be treated
It is expected that employees will always remember these values as
they go about their job working with residents, with other
employees, and with the public. Everyone is expected to know and
comply with all employee policies and procedures and to ask
questions if there is something that is not clear. We must know
about the services provided here and talk about them correctly.
-Our communication with others must be respectful, correct, timely,
and complete whether it is in person or in writing. We value each
person and expect employees to show sensitivity to the cultural
differences of co-workers and residents.
Administers medications and treatments; measures vital signs and
weight; and performs other health services tasks. Communicate with
physicians, implement physician orders, and report and document
pertinent information. Adhere closely to home health, hospice, and
emergency protocols. Act as the community supervisor when
management staff not present. Supervise resident assistants to
assure daily completion of their duties. Report directly to the
Community Registered Nurse and/or the Administrator.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities :
- - - - - - -QMAP administers medications and treatments.
- - - - - - -Measures vital signs and weight.
- - - - - - -Collects, stores, and assures transport of certain
specimens for laboratory studies.
- - - - - - -Adheres to all medication room systems per policy.
- - - - - - -Communicates with physicians, via fax, visit form, and
- - - - - - -Implements physician orders.
- - - - - - -Documents pertinent information in resident charts and
elsewhere per policy. -(e.g., incident reports).
- - - - - - -Communicates with RN according to specified
- - - - - - -Adheres to home health and hospice protocols.
- - - - - - -Adheres to emergency protocols, including performing
CPR and administering first aid as necessary.
- - - - - - -Acts as community supervisor when management staff not
- - - - - - -Supervises Resident Aids to assure daily completion of
- - - - - - -Assists in development and revision of service plans
by informing RN of current resident needs and preferences as well
as successful service approaches.
- - - - - - -Observes for and reports resident concerns and
potential significant changes and reports s to RCC/RN.
- - - - - - -Reads Communication Log and Shift Report at beginning
of each shift; enters pertinent information in Communication Log
and Shift Report by end of each shift.
- - - - - - -Follows 24hour and Alert Charting process.
- - - - - - -Completes and document Incident Reports as needed.
- - - - - - -Adheres to all community policies and procedures.
- - - - - - -Maintains resident, employee, and community
information in strict confidence with community management or other
employees as necessary.
- - - - - - -Performs all assigned work for the agreed-upon wage,
accepting no additional payment or gifts from residents, vendors,
community management, or others.
- - - - - - -Adheres to dress/appearance code; changes in attire
may be permitted for special circumstances as directed by
- - - - - - -Promotes resident advocacy and demonstrates excellent
customer service skills.
- - - - - - -Serves as a role model for other employees by
displaying a responsible, cooperative, respectful, and positive
- - - - - - -Represents the community in the community in a
professional, courteous, and friendly manner.
- - - - - - -Demonstrates ability to perform duties under time
constraints and deadlines.
- - - - - - -Attends education and training classes as necessary to
fulfill state or provincial regulations.
- - - - - - -Performs other duties as directed by RCC.
- - - - - - -Excellent interpersonal skills.
- - - - - - -Ability to maintain cooperative working relationships
with those contacted in the course of work activities, including
but not limited to co-workers and management.
- - - - - - -Ability to communicate effectively in English both
verbally and in writing.
- - - - - - -Sufficient skills in reading, writing and math to
perform ones duties reliably and effectively.
- - - - - - -Knowledge of and ability to follow principles and
practices of Residents' Rights.
- - - - - - -Skill in problem solving.
- - - - - - -Understanding and ability to use various Residents'
- - - - - - -Ability to remain poised in emergency situations.
- - - - - - -Ability to understand and work under a variety of
situations in a positive constructive manner.
- - - - - - -Ability to use creativity in meeting Residents'
emotional and physical needs
- - - - - - -Ability to be organized, prioritize, set and meet
- - - - - - -Ability to recognize and keep private, protected,
employee or Resident information confidential.
- - - - - - -Ability to be dependable and reliable with attendance
Education and/or Experience: (Pre-or- Post Employment)
- - - - - - -Must be 18 years old.
- - - - - - -Demonstrates ability to communicate in English, both
verbally and in writing, with residents, employees, and others.
- - - - - - -Meets state or provincial health related requirements.
-(For Colorado assisted living employees, physical health screening
with satisfactory results, including tuberculosis screening
(intradermal test or chest x-ray performed by physician not more
than six days before or seven days after hire date.))
- - - - - - -Maintains current professional license if CNA.
- - - - - - -Maintains current CPR certification.
- - - - - - -Obtains/maintains current CPR and first aid
- - - - - - -Maintains any other certifications as required by
state or provincial regulations.
- - - - - - -This job may require hours that exceed 40 per week and
a flexibility of hours (i.e. weekends, nights, covering for absent
co-workers, changed shifts) .
- - - - - - -Work will often require the use of Personal Protective
Equipment, including face shield, gloves, apron, etc.
- - - - - - -Work may expose incumbent to bio-hazards.
- - - - - - -Ability to regularly walk, stand, bend, reach, stoop
or sit for extended periods of time
- - - - - - -Ability to lift, carry, push, pull or other wise move
objects/people weighing more than 50lbs
- - - - - - -Work for sustained periods of time maintaining
concentrated attention to safety, detail and accuracy
- - - - - - -Ability to communicate with various contacts via
- - - - - - -Ability to work under pressure
- - - - - - -Ability to occasionally work with disagreeable or
confused Residents while maintaining a pleasant, patient and
- - - - - - -Must be 18 years old or older, to fulfill State
Regulations for working alone with Residents
- - - - - - -Must be able to pass Criminal History Clearance, drug
screening and T.B screening.
Keywords: Windsong at Northridge, Greeley , Caregiver/Qmap at Windsong at Northridge, Other , Greeley, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!