Company: CHS Inc
Posted on: September 23, 2022
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers,
ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides
grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around
the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the
United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees
are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19
countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower
CHS has an opportunity in our Country Operations Division in the
Wray, CO location. We are looking for an individual to join our
team working as an Operations Specialist. You will assist patrons
in a professional manner and promote a positive image of the coop.
You must have the ability to adapt, think and make decisions
quickly; have a pleasant attitude, be helpful, and customer
- Hourly range: $14.47-$19.89
- As directed, carry out general labor responsibilities promptly
and efficiently. Responsibilities may include:
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the commodities handled at
the location and comply with company policy and government
regulations pertaining to commodities.
- Work with customers in a courteous and professional
- Prepare trucks and railcars for loading/unloading, which may
require sampling, loosening large nuts, opening hatches, and
attaching and/or detaching flexible hoses.
- Load and unload agricultural inputs from railcars and/or trucks
using heavy or light duty machinery/equipment. May include bulk and
or packaged material.
- Control and monitor all load out functions.
- Understand and operate automated scale/dump systems.
- Conduct and properly record daily, weekly and monthly
maintenance tasks including but not limited to lubrication of
pumps, valves, and loading arms. Inspect in-use equipment looking
for seeps and leaks of process equipment.
- Monitor and maintain quality of inventory (may include blended,
bulk or packaged product).
- Deliver products such as fertilizer, chemical, seed, feed and
others to customer sites.
- Keep all work areas in a clean, orderly and safe condition.
Conduct regular housekeeping duties such as sweeping, shoveling,
power washing, scraping and cleaning up spills. Complete
appropriate record keeping.
- Perform grounds maintenance including snow removal.
- Perform warehouse work including driving loader,
loading/unloading inventory, forklift operation, and general
- Promptly report any customer complaints, repair or maintenance
needs, or safety concerns to supervisor.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all
safety policies, procedures, and regulations. Identify and
communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in
correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Follow all company policies, procedures, and safety
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned to ensure facility
operates smoothly and customers receive excellent customer
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Knowledge of Operations and/or Business Operations
- Must meet minimum age requirement
- Ability to operate machinery such as loaders, conveyors,
tractors, and track mobile
- Ability to work extended hours during peak seasons to meet
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- CDL license or ability to attain one with Hazmat endorsement
- Agriculture experience preferred
- Forklift certiification preferred
- Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and
industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the
position. If required, selected candidates must pass pre-employment
screenings to include all or a combination of drug, criminal, motor
vehicle check, physical requirements and FMSCA Clearinghouse.
- Ability to lift 75 pounds
- Ability to climb rail cars, ladders, stairs, and bins
- Ability to work in dust and adverse weather conditions and
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package.
Compensation: This includes base wage and may consist of other
earnings depending upon position within CHS, consisting of bonuses,
incentives, commissions, merit pay. This position may be an
opportunity for promotion.
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health,
and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded
Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short-Term Disability, Tuition
reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: CHS Inc, Greeley , Operations Specialist, Other , Yuma, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!