Med Tech (licensed)
Company: South Platte Health & Rehabilitation Center
Posted on: November 24, 2022
South Platte Health & Rehabilitation Center - SUMMARY
Administers oral and external medications to residents under the
direction and supervision of a registered nurse or a licensed
practical / vocational nurse.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
- Prepares and administers medications to residents following
- Verifies identity of resident receiving medication and records
name of drug, dosage, and time of administration on specified forms
- Clarifies any order or treatment regimen believed to be
inaccurate, ineffective or contraindicated by consulting with
appropriate licensed practitioner. Notifies supervisor when making
the decision not to administer.
- Takes and records vital signs upon administration of medications
- Orders and re-orders medications and returns all discharge
medications for credit in compliance with federal and state
- Maintains neat, clean, and orderly medication room and cart.
Takes appropriate precautions to make sure residents / patient do
not have access to medications other than those prescribed.
- Completes required forms and documents in accordance with company
policy and state and/or federal regulations.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent, or experience as
required by state regulations.
- Successful completion of a state approved course and is approved
to administer oral and external medication.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENT
Shift work may be required. Employee is frequently required to
stand, walk, use hands or fingers, reach with hands and arms, feel,
talk and hear. Employee is occasionally exposed to blood or other
body fluids, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic
chemicals. In compliance with applicable law, reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions of the position.
Participates in (or conducts) company-sponsored training to
safeguard against improper use and disclosure of residents'
protected health information. Monitors and ensures compliance with
company policies, procedures and state and federal law. By his /
her signature below, employee agrees to adhere to and oversee
communication of privacy guidelines relative to the confidentiality
of residents' protected health information.
Salary $18-$21 hourly (based on experience)
Keywords: South Platte Health & Rehabilitation Center, Greeley , Med Tech (licensed), Other , Brush, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!