Building Construction and Maintenance Department Manager
Company: Weld County School District
Posted on: January 7, 2021
Building Construction and Maintenance Department Manager
Date Posted: December 21, 2020
Salary Grade/Level/Family/Range: Administrative/ Professional/
Salary Range 7 ($57,901 - $85,065) Negotiable based on
Contract Length/ Days: (2021-2022, 260 Days)
Benefits: We offer a comprehensive benefits package including
medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as other
programs for benefit-eligible employees. The employee assistance
program, voluntary life insurance through PERA, and 401(k), 403(b)
& 457(b) plans are available to all employees regardless of hours
worked and are available immediately (upon hire date). To learn
more about our benefits, please see our Benefits Overview.
Paid Leave Options: Depending on your position, the District offers
a variety of leave options, including sick leave, discretionary
leave, vacation and paid holidays. More information about leave
options available to APT employees can be found in the Board of
Education Policy Manual.
Reports to: Assistant Superintendent of Support Services
Deadline for application: Until Filled
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Knowledge of related building construction codes and procedures
- Or any other combination of related education, experience and
- Valid Colorado driver's license.
- Clean motor vehicle record (MVR).
- CPR, First Aid Certificate required within one year.
- Four years of experience in the building construction and
- Bilingual preferred
This working department manager position is directly responsible
for the supervision of the day-to-day operation of carpenters,
painters, roofers and construction maintenance technicians, and the
evaluation and discipline of all building maintenance department
employees to include hiring, firing, supervising, and evaluating.
This supervisory position is responsible for the implementation of
the predictive, preventative, and proactive maintenance program for
all district buildings including roofing, rough and finished
carpentry, flooring, wall repair, painting of interiors and
exteriors. Responsible for proper maintenance of designated areas
to ensure safety of students, staff, community, and co-workers.
This position monitors the departmental budget and is responsible
for following all district guidelines and policies. Responsible for
sequencing and scheduling department functions according to the
computerized work order system. Hours may vary. Position is on-call
24 hours per day for emergencies.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supervises the construction and installation of physical
features on district sites.
- Building, removing, repairing walls, drywall, stucco and other
- Making floor repairs to carpet, wood and tile floors.
- Inspecting roofs for damage, leaks and general roof
maintenance, including making repairs.
- Inspect and maintain the general operation and appearance of
interior and exterior doors, windows and building
- Experience with creating custom casework.
- Coordinate projects with other departments.
- Review architectural drawings and make comments in SD, DD and
CD documents for bond projects.
- Create district specifications and develop the scope of work
necessary for bidding documents needed for outside
- Inspect independent contractors performing work on district
- Assists in long range planning.
- Monitors building maintenance budget.
- Recommends resource level adjustments.
- Responsible for following all district guidelines, policies,
- Ensures accuracy of daily time records for the building
- Uses a variety of software to track productivity, resource
usage and workload assignments.
- Assists Risk Management in development and implementation of
safety training programs.
- Assists in receiving and documenting competitive bids for
materials and services.
- Responsible for hiring, training and supervising all building
- Responsible for monitoring and directing the activities and
productivity levels of building maintenance staff, to include
preparation or work schedules.
- Responsible for educating building maintenance personnel on
safety matters and procedures.
- Completes yearly evaluation of building maintenance
- Evaluates workloads and recommends staff changes to the
- Uses positive verbal and non-verbal skills when working with
district personnel and community members at all times.
- Performs work according to printed information from the
Facilities Department work order system.
- Inspects building maintenance work to ensure quality.
- Inspects building maintenance equipment for condition and
- Represents the Building Maintenance Department throughout the
district in a positive and professional manner.
- Attends meetings as needed.
- Assists technicians in the completion of work orders.
- May participate in asbestos removal with appropriate
- Responds to emergencies 24-hours per day.
- Drives various fleet vehicles as needed.
- Operates equipment as needed.
- Maintains professional relationships with all district
- May participate in snow removal.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Considerable knowledge of the methods, materials, tools, and
practices required in the field of building maintenance and
- Ability to follow and understand oral and written
- Ability to effectively relate in a positive manner with staff,
students, the public and co-workers.
- Ability to respond under pressure to immediate situations while
maintaining courteous and professional relationships with staff and
- Ability to perform work with a high degree of
- Ability to follow and understand written instructions.
- Ability to plan, schedule, solve problems and make decisions
independent of the supervisor using good judgment and common
- Ability to follow, and supervise others to follow, established
safety practices. Ability to work independently and with
- Ability to read and interpret plans (blueprints).
- Ability to build a flexible and effective team.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Excellent mathematical skills.
- Demonstrated computer literacy.
- Ability to perform all functions of the position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice. Regular attendance is required for this
Work Environment/ Physical Demands
Ability to sit for long periods of time, numerous distractions,
visual, auditory and ambulatory acuity important. Occasional
lifting of up to 30 pounds
Some may be required
Greeley-Evans School District 6 shall not discriminate in its
employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, color, creed,
sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, ancestry, age,
genetic information, gender identity, marital status or disability.
The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for
employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will
contribute to that effort. The Superintendent is committed to
cultural diversity among district personnel as a means of enriching
educational experience. The District shall identify, solicit, and
consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of
qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
Keywords: Weld County School District, Greeley , Building Construction and Maintenance Department Manager, Professions , Greeley, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!