Light Duty Truck Service Technician-Truck City
Company: Weld County Garage
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Are you seeking to join a family owned company?Do you strive for
a work-life balance?Are you seeking a challenging yet rewarding
position?Look no farther!Local Candidates Preferred!Company
InformationWe are a full-service automotive company that has been a
cornerstone business serving the automotive needs of our customers
since 1908. We strive to exceed the customer expectations in new
and convenient ways that gains their trust for generations. Truck
City is a part of Yoder Companies. To learn more about who we are,
the services we provide and our commitment to customer safety and
satisfaction, visit Truck City Service Center!Service Technician
Position Summary The Service Technician is responsible for
performing accurate diagnostics on all makes and models of
automobiles. S/he is responsible for providing fast, accurate,
high-quality, efficient mechanical repairs. S/he is responsible for
nurturing and cultivating a positive culture and work environment
that aligns with the mission and values of the organization.Service
Technician Essential Duties and Major Responsibilities
- Diagnoses and repairs vehicles to specifications, ensuring they
are safe to drive.
- Test drives vehicles and tests components and systems, using
equipment such as infrared engine analyzers, compression gauges,
and computerized diagnostic devices.
- Examines vehicles to determine extent of damage or
- Confers with advisors and/or customers to obtain descriptions
of vehicle problems and to discuss work to be performed and future
- Performs routine and scheduled maintenance services, such as
oil changes, lubrications, and tune-ups.
- Reviews work orders and discusses work with supervisors.
- Tears down, repairs, and rebuilds faulty assemblies, such as
power systems, steering systems, and linkages.
- Disassembles units and inspects parts for wear, using
micrometers, calipers, and gauges.
- Repairs or replace parts such as pistons, rods, gears, valves,
- Rewires ignition systems, lights, and instrument panels.
- Repairs manual and automatic transmissions.
- Closely inspects parts like hoses, belts, plugs, fuel systems,
and other troublesome items.
- Adequately explains the technical diagnosis and required
repairs to non-mechanical individuals.
- Completes accurate notes/records on RO in DMS.
- Participates in ongoing technical education.
- Provides exceptional customer service.
- Strictly adheres to all company safety policies, rules, and
- Assist with other duties as assigned.Education
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Automotive trade or technical school preferred.
- ASE certification is desirable.Experience
- 3 or more years automotive Technician experience.Service
Technician Specialized Skills
- Strong attention to detail.
- Valid Driver's License and clean driving record.
- Ability to drive and handle various makes, models, and sizes of
- Should own & supply a complete inventory of auto mechanical
- Team oriented, flexible, and focused on maintaining a high
level of customer service.
- Working knowledge of shop equipment such as wheel and tire
equipment, alignment systems, diagnostic equipment, AC equipment,
- Desire to continue learning and ability to adapt to changes in
technology and equipment.
- Excellent adherence to safety standards. Service Technician
- Regular work hours are 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM. Employee hours vary
and are dependent on business needs.
- The schedule is between the hours of 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
- The position is 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, with
evenings and weekends as needed to satisfy the requirements of the
position. Service Technician Physical Demands and Work Environment:
(The phrases occasionally, regularly, and frequently correspond to
the following definitions: occasionally means up to of working
time, regularly means between and of working time, and frequently
means and more of working time.)
- The work environment is the typical automotive
retail/shop/warehouse environment. The employee must be able to
complete their work satisfactorily in an environment where there
are significant distractions including staff, clients, and vendors
walking through and conversing; telephones ringing; conversations
carrying over; mechanical/tool noises; and interruptions requiring
the employee to answer questions from others.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or
feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently
required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to
stand; walk; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch,
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
and should do so in a sound and safe manner. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust
focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Wage: $26 - $38 Flat Rate Hour DOEBonus: This job has a potential
sign-on bonusPM21Benefits --- If hired to a full-time position, the
company provides vacation time, sick time, paid holidays, 401(k)
employer paid life insurance, health, dental, vision, pet
insurance, and company discounts.If hired for a part-time position
the company provides paid sick time and company discounts. No other
benefits are offered.Powered by JazzHRPI150177161
Keywords: Weld County Garage, Greeley , Light Duty Truck Service Technician-Truck City, Professions , Greeley, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!