Medium Duty Truck Technician - Truck City
Company: Weld County Garage
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Would you enjoy working for a family owned company?Do you want
to work for a business that has values and offers support?Do you
desire a challenging yet rewarding opportunity?Would you like a
flexible schedule?Come join Truck City!Who We AreTruck City is a
family-owned organization that prioritizes the importance of
service to our community and supporting each other. Family time and
work-life balance are top priority for all our team members. We are
still a busy and hard-working organization with plenty of work to
do. But we make scheduling time off easy and provide flexible work
schedules that are set by each of our technicians. Our company is
growing rapidly, and we are fortunate to be experiencing a lot of
success. We understand that our technicians and support teams are
the reason for that. It is our primary goal to support our
technical team to help each of them experience their own success.
Our mission is to think differently.Overview of the PositionThe
Medium Duty Service Technician is responsible for performing
accurate diagnostics on all makes and models of automobiles. S/he
is responsible for providing fast, accurate, high-quality,
efficient mechanical repairs. S/he is responsible for nurturing and
cultivating a positive culture and work environment that aligns
with the mission and values of the organization.Essential
- Diagnoses and repairs vehicles to specifications, ensuring they
are safe to drive.
- Test drives vehicles and tests components and systems, using
equipment such as infrared engine analyzers, compression gauges,
and computerized diagnostic devices.
- Examines vehicles to determine extent of damage or
- Confers with advisors and/or customers to obtain descriptions
of vehicle problems and to discuss work to be performed and future
- Performs routine and scheduled maintenance services, such as
oil changes, lubrications, and tune-ups.
- Reviews work orders and discusses work with supervisors.
- Tears down, repairs, and rebuilds faulty assemblies, such as
power systems, steering systems, and linkages.
- Disassembles units and inspects parts for wear, using
micrometers, calipers, and gauges.
- Repairs or replace parts such as pistons, rods, gears, valves,
- Rewires ignition systems, lights, and instrument panels.
- Repairs manual and automatic transmissions.
- Closely inspects parts like hoses, belts, plugs, fuel systems,
and other troublesome items.
- Adequately explains the technical diagnosis and required
repairs to non-mechanical individuals.
- Completes accurate notes/records on RO in DMS.
- Participates in ongoing technical education.
- Provides exceptional customer service.
- Strictly adheres to all company safety policies, rules, and
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Automotive trade or technical school preferred.
- ASE certification is desirable.Experience
- 3 or more years automotive technician experience.Specialized
- Valid Driver's License and clean driving record.
- Ability to drive and handle various makes, models, and sizes of
- Should own & supply a complete inventory of auto mechanical
- Team oriented, flexible, and focused on maintaining a high
level of customer service.
- Working knowledge of shop equipment such as wheel and tire
equipment, alignment systems, diagnostic equipment, AC equipment,
- Desire to continue learning and ability to adapt to changes in
technology and equipment.Supervisory Expectations: This job has no
supervisory responsibilities. Wages Commissioned, Exempt: $30.00
$45.00 Flag Rate Hour DOEBonus; This position has a potential sign
on bonus.Work Hours: Regular work hours are 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
Employee hours vary and are dependent on business needs. The
schedule is between the hours of 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM. The position
is 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, with evening and
weekends as needed to satisfy the requirements of the position.
Employee hours vary and are dependent on business
needs.PM21Benefits - If hired to a full-time position, the company
provides vacation time, sick time, paid holidays, 401(k) employer
paid life insurance, health, dental, vision, pet insurance, and
company discounts.If hired for a part-time position the company
provides paid sick time and company discounts. No other benefits
are offered.Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Weld County Garage, Greeley , Medium Duty Truck Technician - Truck City, Professions , Greeley, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!