Instrument and Commissioning Technician
Company: PlanET Biogas USA Inc
Posted on: August 5, 2022
PlanET Biogas Group is a world leader in the biogas industry
with over 20 years of experience in the design and construction of
anaerobic digestion technology. With more than 550 successfully
installed plants worldwide, PlanET is a major player in the global
biogas industry. PlanET has more than 250 employees worldwide based
in Germany, Netherlands, France, the UK, USA and Canada. PlanET's
portfolio covers all areas of biogas technology including Aerobic
Digestors and RNG systems from initial planning, design,
construction to on-site service and remote support. For the
continued expansion of its North American operations, PlanET is
looking for Instrument and Commissioning Technician to join our
team. Reporting to the Process Controls Manager, the selected
candidate will be expected to handle all aspects of technical
assistance pre-construction and construction oversight during
- Ensure that safety of PlanET employees, PlanET subcontractors,
and customers is paramount by implementation of PlanET Safety
- Manage projects to completion in adherence to the contracts to
ensure no negative financial impacts to the company.
- Oversee and coordinate the static and dynamic commissioning
process with the customer and contractors.
- Duties include installing, inspecting, maintaining, operating,
troubleshooting, repairing, and calibrating various mechanical,
pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical and electronic equipment.
- Completing all appropriate documentation associated with the
- Perform preventative maintenance checks on pumps, compressors,
drivers, and auxiliary equipment.
- Performs Inspection and Maintenance (I&M) checks on all
- Identify, report, and correct safety and environmental
- Perform all work in compliance with company standards,
procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Provide insight and knowledge to local third-party construction
companies on the means of proper installation of PlanET's
- Maintain a punch list of deficiencies and ensure all deficiency
items are closed out in proper and timely manner.
- Responsible for the general upkeep and maintenance of all
facilities and equipment as needed.
- Stay up to date on Operations Qualifications and required
- Assist with growing our service division. May be required to be
in the field to conduct service maintenance at existing
- Demonstrate performance toward operational excellence.
- Mentor fellow employees when the opportunity presents
- Other duties as assigned Qualifications :
- Working knowledge of National Electric Codes
- Proficient with electronic test instruments
- Knowledge of process controls and gas processing
- Knowledge and experience reading and interpreting electrical
and mechanical blueprints and diagrams
- Knowledge and experience applying and interpreting results from
common electrical measurement instruments (voltmeter, ammeter,
ohmmeter, oscilloscope, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience in commissioning a large-scale project
- Strong organization skills and ability to adhere to tight
- Frequent travel of up to 2 weeks required for the duration of
- Results driven with strong communication and organizational
- A self-starter and an independent worker
- Ability to speak, read, and write German would be an
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Suite of products
- Must have valid driver's license and have the ability to work
in Canada and the United States Working Conditions:
- This job operates both indoors and outdoors in areas that are
not environmentally controlled. This job may be exposed to weather
or under cover and in close physical proximity with others.
- Exposure to hazardous conditions and equipment. Physical
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform
an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures;
transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading;
visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or
operation of machines.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for up to 8 hours a day.
- Spend time bending, kneeling, crouching, reaching, pulling,
pushing, lifting, grasping, or twisting the body.
- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20
pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force
constantly to move objects. PI185997163
Keywords: PlanET Biogas USA Inc, Greeley , Instrument and Commissioning Technician, Professions , Greeley, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!